Best for Lipo
Excess fat around the waist is the easiest and most successful area to treat with a completely non-invasive treatment called LipoSmooth®. It’s a non-invasive treatment for the removal of excessive, stubborn fat deposits and the appearance of cellulite. It takes less than two weeks to shrink your waistline and the results often exceed the effects of surgical liposuction but without the downtime and recovery. It works especially well on waist and stomach fat but it can also be used on other areas, including arms and thighs. The treatment sessions take 45 minutes and a minimum of 6-8 sessions is ideal. Patients lose anywhere between 5 to 15 inches (measured over their stomach, thigh and waist area). LipoSmooth® works through a combination of vacuum massage, lymphatic stimulation and ultrasound lipolysis. The treatment is painless and increases lymphatic drainage and circulation.
How does it work?
The main difference between a big and a slim person is the size of their fat cells. If you put on weight your fat cells grow in size, as a result you become bigger. When you lose weight your fat cells simply shrink. The total number of fat cells does not change much anymore once a person reaches adulthood. LipoSmooth uses ultrasound to shrink fat cells. The effects of ultrasound on fat cells is well documented. The fat cells around the stomach and waist area store fat mainly in the form of triglycerides. A triglyceride is a cluster of several free fatty acids. Free fatty acids are smaller molecules and due to their size able to leave the fat cells. LipoSmooth applies ultrasound to the tissue to split the large triglyceride molecules into free fatty acids. The fat cells can then release the free fatty acids in to the lymphatic system. As a result the fat cell shrinks in size.
In other areas in medicine Ultrasound is used for reducing tissue fibrosis, scar tissue and to soften connective tissue. The softening effect helps to improve the appearance of cellulite and uneven skin texture. LipoSmooth Ultrasound is effective to reduce scar tissue following invasive procedures such as liposuction. In patients who had liposuction or smart/laser liposuction in the past the treatment might help to improve lymphatic drainage, unevenness and loss of skin tone in the previously treated area.
The lymphatic system acts as an important reservoir for the fatty acids once leaving the fat cells. At the beginning of the treatment the therapist will apply the vacuum massage to increase the circulation in the treated area and to maximize lymphatic flow.
The lymphatic stimulation together with the vacuum massage has an overall health benefit that exceeds treating excess fat or cellulite with ultrasound alone. In many of our patients the thigh circumference has reduced even when treating the stomach area only.
The LipoSmooth® system treats most aspects of cellulite and excess fat deposits. These are mainly increased fat cell size, reduced tissue circulation and insufficient lymphatic drainage:
1. Reducing fat cell size by splitting the triglycerides iinto free fatty acids.
2. Increase blood flow in the fatty tissue through massage, fat cells shrinkage and softening of the connective tissue via ultrasound.
3. Activating the lymph system to drain away excess fat, waste and water from the treated area
A LipoSmooth® treatment course consists of a minimum of six sessions of 45-60min each, 2 to 3 times per week. Depending on the treated area muscle stimulation might be added after the ultrasound treatment. Larger amounts of body fat or treatment to thighs might need more treatment sessions.
The stomach and waist area tends to respond very well for fat reduction, 6 sessions can be sufficient to bring the desired results. A body-total reduction in circumference by 5-10 inches is not uncommon. In the thigh area LipoSmooth® improves the appearance of cellulite, reduces dimples and uneven skin texture and makes the skin appear smoother and firmer. Inch-loss around the thigh is typically between 0.5-2 inches per leg. You will find that LipoSmooth® works extremely well for fat reduction around the stomach area whereas the effects on cellulite on the thighs is less dramatic in terms of inch loss but more focused on skin appearance and improvements of tissue circulation and lymphatic drainage, the main causes of cellulite.
Your measurements and pictures are taken before the first session and after your last treatment session. All your results are achieved within a maximum of 4 weeks. You can expect further losses after the last treatment session, often body weight and inch-loss. Many patients have reportedly lost additional inches up to 3 months post treatment.
Like with any other cosmetic treatment it makes sense to maintain the results of the initial treatment session. Most of the problems we are treating are directly or indirectly connected to diet, lifestyle, level of exercise but also to your individual tendency to metabolize and store fat in certain areas of your body.
Your predisposition for cellulite is something we cannot change, but we can improve it tremendously. Just as you would not expect your body to be slim, toned and athletic for the rest of you life after visiting a gym once, you would have to accept that some areas of your body might need more attention than others.
Since LipoSmooth® is a treatment that has great overall health benefits by improving tissue circulation and lymphatic drainage as well as reducing fat cell size, maintenance is definitely recommended. Most of our patients have maintained and improved the initial results with a 6-9 monthly maintenance program. Our treatment is designed to improve overall health and tissue conditions in the treated areas. It is only natural that you would want to make sure you have the best possible results for your lifestyle.
Fat and Cellulite Facts
The tendency to develop cellulite and store fat in certain areas is dependent on a variety of factors. Some of them are genetic and some are influenced by external factors.
A. Predisposing Factors
1. Gender: Women are more likely to develop cellulite.
2. Heredity: Cellulite often is similar among females within the same family.
3. Race: Caucasian women are more likely to develop cellulite than Asian or African-American women.
4. Subcutaneous fat: More adipose tissue in the subcutaneous layer enhances the appearance of cellulite on the skin surface.
5. Age: Women begin to develop cellulite after puberty as part of normal anatomical and physiological development. Cellulite increases in severity with aging as a reflection of the thinning of the epidermis.
1. Hormones, specifically oestrogen is known to stimulate fat tissue and inhibit lipolysis (breaking down fat cells) resulting in enlarged fat cells. This may explain the onset of cellulite at puberty, the condition being more prevalent in females, and the exacerbation of cellulite with pregnancy, nursing, menstruation and oestrogen therapy (oral contraceptive use and hormone replacement).
2. Circulation, cellulite may develop in predisposed areas when circulation and lymphatic drainage have been decreased. Reduction in blood supply increases water retention within the subcutaneous fat layer. This causes further stress on the surrounding connective tissue fibres, which accentuates skin irregularities. Many of the currently accepted cellulite therapies target deficiencies in lymphatic drainage and microvascular circulation.
Fat can only enter the fat cell in the presence of carbohydrates, which causes the excretion of insulin, which in turn opens the door for fat to enter the fat cells. It is however extremely difficult in our present times to eliminate simple carbohydrates, sugars, wheat, gluten and other the byproducts of processed food from your diet.